Friday 24 February 2012

Evaluation Activity 4 - Target Audiance for my film.


My target audience would be of the ages of 15-20, as they have a higher attention span than children. This would be why the lower age group wouldn't be appropriate for my opening two minutes. The audience particularly would be teenage girls, who are interested when it comes to the media on dramas that take place within clips such as mine. It would grab their attention to how her personality is and they will want to find out what is going to happen.
For an age group such as this, one of the examples of T.V programmes which they might watch is Hollyoaks, because it centers around different peoples lives , and this is the sort of dramas that they are interested in, because of the continuous changes in the atmosphere and plot. This is representative of them as they like to believe they are involved in the dramas themselves, and that is why I decided to make my opening two minutes interesting with the character themselves.


The music they might listen to is quite modern day, typical teenage girl boybands are an example of what is cliched for the female audiance. The boybands have to be quite modern to be prefered, so one example could be The Wanted. This type of music makes the audiance get the cliched idea of them being vain about the appearance, which is where hollyoaks comes from. I slightly turned away from this cliche for my audiance to change the outlook a bit more, and also because I had already made my main character similar to that of the character House.



The last cliche of what teenage girls might do to shop is in big areas such as Primark to buy their clothes, this is also noticed in clips such as Hollyoaks where the styles have been inspired and copied so the audiance can wear the same style. This again because of the emotions that are meant to be felt within my character I didnt follow persuit, but my other character who dies however does have this particualr style of clothing, it shows that she was more expressive and more modern with her style.


I think that my character denies to copy the styles that are typical of teenage girls, but because of the drama that is involved they are more interested as she could have been the same as them before she turns to being plain, and the fact that my character is of the same age group would help them relate more to her, that is why I think it fills this as the taret audiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment