Thursday 8 March 2012

Evaluation Activity 7 - Progression from Preliminary task.

Compared to my Preliminary task, I think that my film shows my progression as it has more editing and camera shots involved, but the style of match on action is the same. Match on action is the camera work where you see it from one point of view and with editing it jump cuts to the opposite view from where you had just seen. I did this in these example for the preliminary and opening two minute tasks.


In the preliminary task they are seen having a conversation with each other, and you can see both faces from both sides of the conversation. This is an example of shot/reverse shot as well, and I have included that in my opening two minutes where you see the main character looking over at something the camera can't and it is followed by the camera looking towards my other character. This works well as it allows the audiance to see both facial expressions.
My opening two minutes however was different because it shows the use of match on action in the beginning sequence of the clip as the camera follows my character into the room, and we see her from a behind point of view as if you are walking it yourself to then jump cut to seeing her walking face on into the camera, whch is also a good use of match on action.


 
I have used different editing techniques to create new shots I hadn't used in my preliminary task to show my progression, and one example is when she is just about to walk into the building. The camera plays on her for a few seconds before it pans round to face the building she is about to walk into, and it is more effective by her walking into the shot from the bottom right third of the screen. She then takes possession to the middle of the screen. This shows my progression from the preliminary task as this features a mid shot of her walking into a room, and the rule of thirds wasn't recognised.


When walking into the room, I kept on one side of the main character, this is so I didn't break the 180 degree rule. I had done this for the preliminary task as well, where the conversation is filmed on only one side of the area so the audiance don't get confused about who is sitting on each side. I have progressed for this reason onto my opening two minutes by continuing the same thing.


The preliminary task helped my be able to get a bearing on what I should be including, and I think I was able to include this into my blog, but I have also progressed by using Adobe Premier Elements more for the use of text onto the screen. This shows I have a wider understanding of the task and editing techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment