Friday 23 March 2012

Paranoia Media clip - Final Two Minutes


My research and planning has led to the editing of this clip, the opening two minutes of the genre of drama. I have made a few changes to my video as I progressed, but the idea is still in place. The few changes I made were the choice of actors, as I thought the use of actors who weren't related were better as it would confuse the audiance on who they were. I also changed the name of the film to Paranoia, this is because it represents how the character looks further into the clip.
I think I have achieved a lot since my my preliminary tasks as I have experimented more with mise-en-scene and used editing on the sound of the wind. I challenged most on the sound as the frequency's of the wind changed via each clip that was made, but on my own I think I achieved the best I possibly could. I am impressed the most with the different camera shots however as this is where I think I have achieved the most. The merge together nicely and give a fundamental structure to it. The costumes that my character wears further insinuates the look of hiding away and not caring about the scenery around her, contrasting with the beauty of the surroundings. The end of the clip shows where she fits in the most, and starts to blend in with the shadowing of the surroundings. This is where I think the best aspects of my clip come in.
I am overall happy with my video as it shows the different personalitys that come into show, and the best part of mine is the editing in the clip. I tried to show the image of the character being a ghost by making her dissapear gradually in the area that she is sitting, this use of editing is effective in determining the genre of my clip, which is why it is made more effective. I also tried to show this in the titles by making them flash for a split second before they gradually went onto the screen again..
I think sound might have been slightly incorrect and I would need to further look into this, however,I think my film shows all these qualities and has been successful in mise-en-scene, editing and camera work.

No comments:

Post a Comment