Wednesday 23 November 2011

Camera Shots I'm Including

Reflection Shot


This shot is useful in film making as it allows the audiance to see the person behind them. In this photo, you can see molly standing behind alice, whilst you see the back of Alice's head and her face in this shot. Being placed in the right position is how this clip works properly, and it makes it effective for the audaince when watching, and they start to belive that they are looking throught that mirror themselves. Using my actors Alice and Molly in this photo allows me to experiment with who works best for what part, and molly looks more serious in this photo, making her the character we don't relate to.

High Angle Shot + Editing


A high angle shot makes the audiance feel more dominant, but the prop that is included in this film cancels out what the audiance might be feeling, as they start to wonder why the floor sign is moving. I used editing to make it look like its going at a speed, and this adds effect as it attracts the audiance to the scene that is going on in front of them. Not being able to see Molly's facial expression makes the audiance eager to find how she is looking, and how she is feeling, because the floor sign could symbolise anger. The empty room around her looks small because Molly is closer to the camera, and it makes her the center of attention, also the use of colours that she is wearing makes her more interesting than the dull plain colours of the surrounding area.

Close Up


A close- up of Alice's hand as she turns on the tap is effective as the water trails off of the screen, focusing on the hand that is turning it. This is a simple mundane action that is used in a unique way by camera shots, and I need to include something similar to this in my opening two minutes to make the clip more intereing apart from a mid shot of everything. It also shows my understanding of camera movements and the characters engaging with their surroundings.

Wide Shot


A wide shot shows the character whole with the surroundings, and this is needed in my opening two minutes so I can show the audiance where the camera is at that time. This way the audiance can follow how one scene was taken to the other scene, and this way it makes it more beliveable to how they get to each area. This clip is of Alice kneeling against the door, this is so u can see the cleaning area that surrounds her. e can see her engaging with her phone, which makes the audiance relate as most of the audiance contain a phone, and it makes the audiance feel as if they are the only ones let in on the secret that she isn't doing her job.

I think these shots need to be included in my opening two minutes as it shows my understanding of the 180 degree rule, and how to link one location to the other in my scene. It also allowed me to experiment with how the actors, Molly and Alice, link in with the environment around them and how I can use this to my advantage in making my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment