Thursday 17 November 2011

Film Ideas Brainstorm

For my own film idea, I think I am deciding against action or horror for my genre. I have analysed different cliches and I wasn't interested in romance, this is because I don't believe there is anything to play around with in this cliche with camera shots and editing. One of the clips I was interested in the most was my Gorillaz video. I like this as I have a passion for music and I would like to be able to show this in my film. The Gorillaz are also my favourite music group, and the reason why I think this would link well to my blog is because all their videos are animatics, with the cartoons that they choose. I think I can use this as inspiration when creating my own animatic and link the cliches that are used.

The reason why I am interested in horror cliches is because of the clip that I had created with Jasmine and Bekky for my mix of clips for 'What Are You Doing Here?'. My favourite clip from this was the bathroom clip from which we used the cliche of the person behind the mirror, which I used special effects to make it more dark.
I had analysed a clip from 'Shaun of the Dead' which was a mix of horror and comedy. I liked this clip as it was using saracsm to the idea of horror cliches, which linked it to action. The Gorillaz video I used to do this as well was linked to horror in the rural setting, which I liked the idea of. I think I might link both of these genres together and create a comedy of action or horror. I think more research will further help me understand which one I will choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment