Saturday 19 November 2011

Massive Attack - Angel


I was listening to this song and I thought that this would be a good backing track if I decided to make an action genre, but I found it interesting as this could also be used in horror. The beat is slow but effective as it is dark and intense, this is why I thought it would be a good song to use. This makes me think of slow motion films that usually end up with action that is violent and brutal.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/odLERTf16GQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I chose this music also because it is a good example of the type of music that keeps the audiance on edge, and would silence them in a cinema. This is because the type of music is very atmospheric and would work well in a scene where the audiance need to take seriously. The name of the song 'Demon Days' could give me a plot for a horror or action film I could create, I think horror would work best in this however as it is very dark in its use of instruements and choir. It is one of the reasons why I think horror is a better use of this song, as in horror genres I have put on my mindjet that one of the cliches is priests and nuns being misinterpreted as bad, and this song contains a church choir singing. This is why I have decided to look closely, as it would work best for that genre. I have analysed the Gorillaz once before, where they include horror and action cliches, so this could work for a mix of these genres.

I think analysing these songs are good for me to understand how to use music to show what genre or emotion should be felt, so I will think closely when I come to create each scene and what I will use.

No comments:

Post a Comment