Wednesday 23 November 2011

Institution Research

Paramount Pictures



Paramount Pictures is the type of institution company that realeses films for all ages, family films. They have released horror films, one example so far in cinema's is Paranormal Activity, which is a sequel and onto its third film. Paranormal activity is a very successful company that have released films that are extremely successful, one of which was Titanic, the second best selling film in the world today. This is a good thing to research so I can know who would tend to buy my film if I created it, and with the type of films that are made (e.g. children, adults, romace ect.) I dont think this company would buy my film.

Universal


Universal studios have created films such as Jurassic Park, which is a universally known name in the film industry. This type of style follows when they also help create King Kong, which is based on a link between the realism to the editing. This is helpful when understanding how and who there style of films should be made for, and Universal is more sci-fi family films. They include action, but the main Institution for that is 20th Century Fox

20th Century Fox


20th Century fox is the company that I think would be who would consider buying my type of film, as the films that have been made from them tend to be action. One example of a film that makes this company extremely successful is Avatar, which beat Titanic in the best selling film in the world. This immediatly puts the Institution on the map for best international films, and Avatar resembles a lot of action mixed with sci- fi, but films such as 'In Time' that has just been made and released in cinemas are action films that have been made successful because of the Institution that linked them. This is why I would like to include my film to the list of films created, as it would fit with the style of films they create.

This has been helpful in knowing what type of films to analyse later, and how I will go about creating my own film. I think this has helped me realise the wide variety of styles each genre has, and now I know which path to send mine down, I think I should be creating a more energetic film.

No comments:

Post a Comment