Thursday 15 December 2011

Birdy theatrical trailer


The plot of birdy is about a man who is perfectly healthy and has an extreme liking for birds, he then goes to war and experiances the emotions that would come with it. After witnessing all these deaths he then comes back and starts to believe that he is a bird himself. This is relative to my work with mental illness, which is why I have decided to analyse this in my blog. The film is from the 80's, so it isnt as developed as the other films which are more modern, but the style that I wanted is in this. The film isnt as interactive as silence of the lambs, and because there is no violence this is an example of a T.V drama. To tell the audiance the name of the film the font has a bird shaped into the letter 'Y', this helps the audiance understand the reason why the film is called this as it is a significant part to create the film, his fascination over them.
This film has helped me understand how drama looks to the audiance and how it is seen, therefore it will help me develop when it comes to my own film, which will be in the same style, just more modernised for the teenage audiances.

No comments:

Post a Comment