Tuesday 6 December 2011

Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood (Animatic)


This is an animatic of the gorillaz song 'Clint Eastwood', which is the same style as the animatic that I have to make. This animatic style is so I can find it easier for when I am creating my own clip, and the way in which they put it in arrangement will help me with my own arrangement in my opening two minutes. The lines that are used are bold and stand out in their approach for what they are meant to look like, and the characters are seen as how they should look. Because of the fact that their creations actually are cartoon characters they focus on the aspects that actually need to move to make them more alive, so the detail doesn't need to be as precise as this is. The characters are moved on a grid base that is in a two point perspective, and the entire clip is in black and white. They move across the screen in a frozen perspective, so they do not distract the attention to where they are to be placed. As they are moved around across the screeen you get to see the order being which character is the most important, which is the one angled at the front, which is what I need to take into account when I am doing my own clip.
The animatic allows you to see the different camera angles that are used in order for the characters to be seen at their best, one being the wide shot of all four characters at a distance. The zooming of the camera is also used to see the faces close up and to see the movements.
The use of editing is slim but it makes it clever when allowing the person creating it to be able to see where each character is placed, which is why it is helpful in making. You can see from the movements that all the characters are made on paper, and the drawing is essential in understanding how they are going to be shown on screen.

This is helpful to me as it helps me know how to create my own opening two minute animatic, which I will make close to the filming so any changes I want to make from here can be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment