Tuesday 6 December 2011

'House M.D.' Opening Credits

The first clip that comes up from the opening of House is the logo that represents the hospital, which is the H. This links with the hospital by its logo and the audiance can see that, so they can already tell the type of storyboard it belongs to. This needs to be something that I do when I am making my own opening titles. The use of a solid black background with a few lights makes the titles stand out more prominently, which is helped by the use of bold font. Bold font is used because it is meant to be bleak and to the point, as hospital scenes suffer the same effects. Since in my head I have decided to link mine with a medical problem my clip needs to be linked with titles the same as this, I might also consider underlining my titles so they stand out more. The use of doing this is useful to me as it means I can understand how to follow the same path to the opening titles as this.



The rest of these are how the opening titles are presented, left to right in the order they are shown. The top is the beginning, which complies with the same style as the way the name of the series is presented. The H is made the most important part of the title, as it links the main character to the plot of the series, so it is in a bigger font at the beginning. I might consider doing this for my opening clip when I start to create. The use of backgrounds differ as the opening credits move along, this is to represent what the background is trying to show for each medical problem. Eg. the use of editing in the fourth one down is red with lighting to show a vein, which represents blood. For my opening titles, I could use this to represent each symptom that schizophrenia includes in my background, with the tiles over it.
The titles are over the action, and the text size is smaller to show that this is less important than the title name, which needs to stand out more. After the second clip, which includes Hugh Laurie in the background to show that he is the main character, it includes the actors names. The first clip is to make it seem like he is looking at a scan, which is blurred slightly around him. The names of actors going first in this order is something that I am going to do, the main character first.
The last clip includes the name of the creator, which is above another form of the anatomy, still following the plot of the clip. This is effective as the audiance would like to see the name of the creator, as the audiance is of a higher age. I think for mine it has to be the same, as younger children would not have the patience for this type of series or the clip that I am about to create which is inspired by this. That is why it was useful for me to include this.



The use of sound is effective as it adds atmosphere to each episode, and this attracts the audiance in. The music is an effective clip which I am hoping to use in my opening two minutes, but the music is copyrighted so I will probably use some of the non copyright music that I found. I like the use of this music as it attracts the target audiance in, but since each episode starts with a medical case that cannot be solved it adds a negative atmosphere to each case, which intrigues the audiance to whether he will be able to solve each case. I want the audiance to feel with my clip confusion to where they are in the clip, and I want to be able to acclomplish this in the same style.

No comments:

Post a Comment