Friday 16 December 2011

Title I am going to call my film.

To finalise my film preperation I need to decide on the name of a film. I thought of the film and what is the best to use, and I considered the possibilitys. I think that it should be relevant of the film and some of the aspects, and the main one that comes to thought throughout my plot of the film is the drug overdose. I think I should choose to portray the main character as a character on heroin, because this can then be linked to how the plot of the film links her to being a heroin in the making as she is how they realise that her death turns out to be a murder. 'The Heroin' could be the title as it links to action genres because of it, but it also tells the audiance the way in which the film story starts because of the overdose on heroin. There is also different titles that I can use which link to the film, one being that there is two sisters linked in this film, and one of the sisters is a murderer of another. This is where the idea 'Cold Blood' comes to mind, as it is a metaphor for the emotions that the other sisters feel. This is more of an physcological thriller than a drama, but because the main character is liked it changes the effect.
I have decided to test the two different titles in the font that I would use in order to see what appeals to me the most:

Zanzibar SF - Bold, S

Bell Gothic Std Black - in bold, and underlined.

I included bold in both of them as I have researched that this is a cliche in action films, and the rest of the plot throughout concerns an action film with it. I chose different fonts that interested me the most, as they stand out and are more appealing in bold, and the best one I prefer is the one for Cold Blood, in Zanzibar SF. This is because it has a cold feel to it, and I made sure I chose a font that has no emotion to it as well. I used both the titles that I thought of using in my opening two minutes, and I have decided that I prefer the Heoin as my title, as it is more relative. It is also because when it comes to my opening two minutes I want the audiance to be able to understand the name straight awy, which I don't they can do with the Cold Blood. It also suggests to the reader the ending to the fim anyway, so it reveals too much of the film, which I dont want to do. Therefore I have decided to use the font I prefer with the title I like, and I have created the titles I am going to use throughout my film, I will use the same font for cast and director.
The name of my film is going to be The Heroin.


No comments:

Post a Comment